Have trouble keeping up with the revolutionary developments in the Middle East? Me, too. Let's help each other out.
About Me
- BJ
- I had plans for a super-awesome summer internship involving Middle East policy. Those plans went kaput, but I've decided to do what I'd be doing anyway, for personal edification and satisfaction. And fame, obviously.
Thursday, September 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LR>>Not sure what happened to comment last week that included these suggestions for getting you started on the intervention/prevention theme...
ReplyDeleteStart w/Berkman and move to 2004 article by Howe. The fact is one can think of prevention/intervention as social engineering, though we tend toward the 'interpretive' end of the scale.
Berkman, Lisa F. 2009. Social Epidemiology: Social Determinants of Health in the United States: Are We Losing Ground? Annual Review of Public Health 30, no. 1 (4): 27-41. doi:10.1146/annurev.publhealth.031308.100310.
Howe, Kenneth R. 2004. A Critique of Experimentalism. Qualitative Inquiry 10, no. 1 (February 1): 42-61. doi:10.1177/1077800403259491.
Howe, Kenneth R. 1998. The Interpretive Turn and the New Debate in Education. Educational Researcher 27, no. 8 (November): 13-20.