About Me

My photo
I had plans for a super-awesome summer internship involving Middle East policy. Those plans went kaput, but I've decided to do what I'd be doing anyway, for personal edification and satisfaction. And fame, obviously.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Some Interesting Developments...

...in my life:

So...after a few weeks of cold-hearted resignation, my original internship appears to be working out after all. Assuming everything goes to plan (ha!) it starts in ten days in Washington, D.C. I need 400 hours for my degree requirement and--due to the delay--I have approximately 40 working days to do it in. You do the math. Basically, this blog is likely to go dormant until September. But take heart, dear readers.  Come the fall I will likely revive this blog (maybe with a new name?), unless I end up not being able to afford my last year of grad school, in which case I will definitely revive it.

In the meantime, I highly recommend al-Jazeera English as your primary means of staying abreast of developments in the Arab world. Unless you want to know about Qatar. 

2 comments:

  1. Brittany, I've known three journalists who have worked for Al-J who would all say make it a part of staying abreast, but by no means a primary resource of developments. There is no news outlet that doesn't bend toward their own biases.

    In the mean time, God bless your internship and give you the energy to complete it with excellence. Wendy in Jordan :)

    ReplyDelete