About Me

My photo
I had plans for a super-awesome summer internship involving Middle East policy. Those plans went kaput, but I've decided to do what I'd be doing anyway, for personal edification and satisfaction. And fame, obviously.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Grant Proposal Makeover

So this book was fairly useless for where I am currently in the process of writing my paper. It contains a lot of specific information and examples of how to refine grant applications. But it doesn't really talk at all about the level above that--issues with the organization or the system itself. So I guess I'll just write off the hour and a half I spent reading this book as good life experience. And if I end up doing some kind of appendix, I know where to go for mock grant applications. *sigh*

Up next: Secrets of Successful Fundraising by Carol Weisman. It seems to involve cartoons...

1 comment:

  1. LR>>It's not a total waste... You're learning more about what's immediately relevant and what's not!

    You should probably have in mind that there is a significant difference in 'non-profit' as a general class of formal, tax exempt organization and a CBO- a community based/serving organization. While some CBOs are formal non-profit organizations - recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) corporation, most are not. Most non-profits do not focus on community needs or well-being. The differences also suggest differences in traditions and strategies for getting the money to keep the doors open.

    ReplyDelete